- May 17, 2021 - May 18, 2021
8:45 am - 5:00 pm
(Previously Purchasing Strategies, Negotiating and Cost Reduction Workshop)
This two day highly interactive and practical purchasing & dealmaking workshop is designed exclusively for Hospitality Owners & Managers, Supervisors, Chefs, Food & Wine Buyers, Purchasing and Finance Officers
In a turbulent and competitive economy, you need to really manage your outgoings & expenses if you want to grow your bottom line. It’s easy to get confused or become complacent when purchasing and end up being overcharged, ripped off or just doing a bad deal.
A dollar saved is an extra dollar earned – come along and learn how to make immediate and easy savings that will instantly grow your profitability.
DO YOU WANT TO
- Cut your costs by buying better?
- Increase your profits by reducing your outgoings & monitoring your expenses regularly?
- Get the best deals and lower prices from your suppliers and staff?
- Being a better dealmaker and win more business negotiations?
- Be more confident and controlled during high-stakes conversations and deals?
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- The best questions to ask during negotiations and dealmaking
- Top techniques and tips for Haggling and Bartering
- Tips for negotiating a payrise or incentive
- How to be more confident and assertive – Learning to say NO nicely
- How to avoid the biggest purchasing mistakes and ripoffs (Negotiation Traps to avoid)
- How to negotiate better Rent, Site fees and Occupancy Costs
- How to deal with suppliers that have exclusive products and arrangements
- Easy sales & operational tips to increase your food & beverage margins
- Advanced dealmaking techniques for buying & selling a business
- How to calculate the real cost benefits of any deal – discounts, spoilage, wastage, etc
OUTCOMES YOU CAN EXPECT
- Learn to feel comfortable asking for a better price & great deal
- Learn how to do a better deal buying a property, a business, a vehicle or large capital item
- Negotiate better deals with Supplier Reps when buying things like Wine, Meat and Beer
- Consider many other things you can ask for rather than just a great price
- Understand critical financial drivers of your hospitality business and the impact on profit
- Find out how to save money on buying services using service agreements
- Discover how to buy your regular commodities & products that vary greatly in quality
- Save money and avoid problems when purchasing equipment, fitouts and building contracts
- Cut costs immediately on your 10 most negotiable suppliers
You can’t learn to negotiate from a BOOK – you need to PRACTICE deals – this workshop includes:
- Fun games and dealmaking exercises
- Practice sessions saying the best phrases & questions to use during making a deal
- Shopping around for a better deal case studies – Negotiation scenarios and roleplays