|Trainingshow details +||$1,095.00 (AUD)*||Expired|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: September 26, 2018 10:00 am
Sales End: August 16, 2019 5:00 pm
Event Date Ticket Uses- The number of separate event datetimes (see table below) that this ticket can be used to gain admittance to.
Admission is always one person per ticket.
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
* price includes taxes
- August 19, 2019 - August 20, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Duration: 2 Days
Trainer: Ben Walter
Course Fee: $1095.00 ($AUD, includes GST)
This course is for Head Chefs, Sous Chefs, Kitchen Managers, Food and Beverage Managers and Business Owners. It’s one thing telling your Chef that your food costs are too high, but does he or she have the skills and knowledge to isolate where the specific causes of the cost blow-outs are?
The course will give participants the skills to control and reduce food costs in your kitchen. The content is divided into the following sections:
- Definition of food cost
- Food cost control — why bother?
- Head Chef — definition
- Menu planning and design
Areas to control — Supply
- Sourcing suppliers
- Dual Supply
- Setting par levels
- Setting up storage areas
- Training staff to accept deliveries
- Goods receipt
- Maintaining par levels, stock rotation and statutory reporting
- Stock lists
Areas to control — Production
- Yield testing
- Make or buy analysis
- Recipe development
- Standard recipe cards
- Developing a standard recipe
- Mise en place — preparation lists
- Portion control
Areas to control — Sales
- High margin selling
- Other selling techniques
- Dealing with complimentary sales, freebies and wastage
Food Cost Control for Chefs and Managers — Content summary:
- Defining a Chef’s financial responsibilities
- The three main areas requiring food cost control — Supply, Production & Sales
- The mathematics of food cost control
- How to identify and regain control of food costs