Ben Walter is a senior consultant and trainer at Eldred Hospitality. He started with the company in 2007.
His background is in kitchen operations. Ben has worked in a variety of different hospitality businesses during his 20 years as a chef.
- 3 years with Mirvac Hotels in Sous and Exec Chef roles;
- 2 years as Head Chef at Oscar W’s Wharfside in Echuca; (1 hat)
- Over 18 months as a fulltime contract chef, working anything from 1 shift contracts to months at a time in businesses as varied as production kitchens, 4 and 5 star hotels, banquet venues, pubs, clubs and aged/health care facilities.
Ben’s current role involves:
- senior kitchen and FOH staff recruitment;
- Trainer of Hospitality Supervisor and Food Cost Control short courses;
- Senior staff mentoring in client’s businesses;
- Overseeing the installation of management systems in client’s businesses;
- General F&B operations consulting;
- Kitchen operations consulting.